Saturday, February 28, 2009

2. Box Hair Dyes

Hello!
Alright, so I have to say that I dye my hair frequently, and I don't have the time and money to get get my hair salon dyed, so I am constantly buying different box dyes to try. Usually I stick to the dark colors and I've yet to find an amazing box dye so I am on a mission to find the perfect brand. I am going to make a list of the brands and products I have tried, and tell you my experience of them.


1. Loreal Feria

Alright, I think I have used this brand about twice. I've used the black, and a dark brown. I personally do not reccomend Loreal Feria, as both times I used it, it has faded in a couple weeks and I've had to re-dye sooner than I'd like.




2. Herbal Essences: Color me Vibrant

This brand actually worked pretty well, the color I bought was black. The only thing I had problems with was that when the dye was setting on my head it had a bit of a burning sensation that I never have with hairdyes(and I'm an experiences hairdyer.) Now, I'm not sure if this would happen with anyone else, but I'm just warning you. :) It was good for color though.

3. Loreal Preference
This is a hairdye I do actually reccomend. I believe I have used it twice, once I bought a dark brown and another time I bought a lighter more copper brown. The dye on your head didnt cause any discomfort whatsoever, and I was quite pleased with the color.

4. Garnier 100% Color

I've bought this once, and it was too bleach a bit underneath my hair. I bought the bleach one obviously, and it actually worked really well and made it look nice and blonde. With my experience with the bleach/blonde I would expect good results with other colors, so I'm giving you the go ahead on this one. :)

5. Loreal Perfect Blondissima

I used the bleach/decolorant of perfect blondissima, to bleach and lighten my really dark hair. I got what I expected though, a disaster. My hair was about three different tones of red/orange (I expected a brassy color obviously) but thats what I get for bleaching my hair at home. For bleaching really dark brown to black hair, I do strongly reccomend going to a salon unless you want a disaster.


6. Loreal Color Pulse


For this, I bought the black color. I do NOT reccomend color pulse, at all. My hair was darkish brown, and it turned my hair PURPLE, i kid you not. And my friend bought the purple color, her hair was blonde, it turned her hair bright pinkish. DO NOT BUY COLOR PULSE.

7. Loreal ColorSpa Moisture Actif

I used to use this before I started dying my hair permanently. If you are looking for a good non-permanent box dye, I highly reccomend this. I bought it in black, and used it alot before i went permanent.


8. Loreal Nice n Easy

Yeah, I dyed my hair with this last night. I got Deep brown i think. My hair was light brown. I'm very dissapointed in it though, as it colored my hair pretty much JET black. It doesn't even look brown! I'm pretty pissed and plan on dying it again soon as I dont like my hair black anymore. Personally, I myself do not recommend this but I do know someone who uses this brand religiously and it works pretty well. I guess it depends on the color.

Thats what I can think of off the top of my head for now! Feel free to comment with your experiences with different box dyes. :) I'll continue to update once I have to dye my hair again!




2 comments:

  1. i will try Loreal Perfect Blondissima, thanks :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    Seen a hair colour now that I really really love and I'm thinking of buying it now

    ReplyDelete