Sunday, March 1, 2009

3. Fading Dyed Hair Without A Salon

Yesterday I dyed my hair a dark brown and it turned out an awful jet black. I'm talkin BLACK. So now I want to experiment with different things I've read on the internet to see how I can fade my hair without bleaching or dying it. :)

Here are some things I did find on the internet that will apparently fade hair:
1. Dandruff Shampoo
2. Mane n Tail Horse Shampoo
3. Lemon Juice
4. Dawn Dishsoap
5. Lemon Joy Dish Soap
6. Tide Laundry Detergent
(In the United States they do sell a color remover called "Color Oops", apparently it works well, so for all you fellow Americans, look for Color Oops and tell me how it works! I might pick up a box next time I'm down there)

So! Today I ran out to London Drugs and picked up 2 things to try.
1. A cheap Dandruff Shampoo


2. Mane n Tail horse Shampoo (Apparently this also makes your hair healthy and nice.)








Attempt to Fade Black Hair # 1
Okay, so tonight when I showered I shampood my hair with the Mane n Tail horse shampoo (see above.) I let it sit on my hair for a few minutes and when i rinsed it out, I did actually see some hairdye come out in the water! Success! My hair also felt really silky. I have to have patience though, as my hair is dry now I do not see any difference... yet. Tomorrow I shall wash my hair again. Im undecided on whether to use the mane n tail again, or the dandruff shampoo. :)
Although I might give up and dye it again....
I shall update you on my experiences. :)
Happy fading!
Please comment with any of your experiences with fading your hair. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment